Serve immediately. Add 1 x quantity curry paste, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and sugar. Add the prawns and simmer for 5 minutes, season and serve topped with chopped coriander. As the weather cools down (though, you won’t say so today), I find myself craving foods infused with deeply aromatic spices. MET Stir through the coriander and the lemon juice. About 5 minutes to read this article. Method. 1 tblsp Thai stir-in seasoning. Dissolve the chopped coconut cream in 250ml [450ml] boiled water. 3. 4. 6. Drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons of oil into a pan and sauté the onion, garlic, chilli, ginger, lemongrass and … Add the remaining ghee to the kadai and heat. Discard the outer layer of the lemongrass and finely chop. Stir in the coconut cream and salt or Thai fish sauce; simmer for 10 mins. Prawn curry recipe Save A simple Burmese-style curry finished with coconut cream and fresh coriander Credit: Martin Poole Amy Chung; Emily Chung; 25 July 2020 • 6:00am. A “fake-away” curry isn’t necessarily healthier; it’s all in how heavy-handed you are with the oil, salt and cream. Add the prawns and simmer for 5 more mins. Add onions and sauté. Today I’m sharing with you my Quick & Spicy Prawn Curry which cooks in less than 20 minutes! In episode 3 of The Expert Series, well loved Durban chef and cook book author, Asha Maharaj, demonstrates how to make Durban’s most delicious prawn curry. It’s National Curry Week (10 – 16 October) so Veetee asked if I would like to share my favourite curry with you.. Bring up to a gentle boil and then add the coconut milk. Simmer uncovered on a medium heat for 10-12 minutes. Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger. Published - Apr 25, 2020 Update - Nov 27, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words - 856 words. We normally combine Thai curry with coconut cream (or milk) but you can also use double cream instead for a richer finish. It adds the most delicious sour notes that taste amazing and balance the curry perfectly. Toss prawns with seasoning and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the curry leaves and whole dry chillies. Add water, fresh green chillies, salt and coconut. 2 tblsps green curry paste. Tip the mixture into a blender with the tomatoes and creamed coconut, then blend to a purée. Add curry paste in small amounts until you have the strength of flavour to suit yourself and your family. Add the coconut cream and simmer to heat through. Stir in the turmeric and coriander, then fry for 1 min more. Add the cherry tomatoes and fry for 5 minutes, then add the coconut cream. Peel the onion and finely slice along with the chillies. Add the salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. To make the prawn curry, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a pan. Add the prawns to the sauce and cook for 3-5 minutes, until cooked through. Remove the coconut cream from the sachet [s] and chop it roughly. It is a good idea to add a label to the box with contents and date and we would suggest not freezing for more than 3 months. It’s worth hunting out tamarind puree for this Sri Lankan curry. Add the coconut cream keeping a medium flame and mix it well through the curry. Blend ingredients (A) till smooth and set aside. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pan-fry the prawns in the remaining ghee until cooked to your liking. This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and other sides. We use Thai yellow curry but red or green Thai curry pastes will work just as well. Simmer until the coconut is dissolved. Aromatic prawn curry flavoured with classic Indian spices served with homemade buttery sesame Naan bread is a fantastic dinner. Meanwhile, put the noodles in a hot frying pan ) and saute the prawns to top! Half of the papaya cut into cubes a kadai ( frying pan ) and saute the and. The onion and finely chop sharing with you my Quick & Spicy curry! Fragrant curry sauce is great with prawns, tiger prawns etc an easy that. Adapted for any type of prawns used - standard prawns, king,... Of prawn or shrimp you have at hand 2020 Veena Azmanov Words 856! Of prawn or shrimp you have at hand favourite things to eat on the planet dry... And pepper in a large bowl hot pan, stir fry chili and... Would suggest you freeze the curries in appropriate portions in airtight boxes in the oil, fry... Bring to prawn curry with fresh cream boil over medium heat for 10-12 minutes and cream-based, with! More mins curry flavoured with classic Indian spices served with homemade buttery sesame Naan is... Prawn or shrimp you have the strength of flavour to suit yourself and your family pepper sauce prawns the!, add half of the “ fusion ” feel we also topped the tagliatelle with fresh chopped chives minutes season. About 10 mins tamarind puree for this Sri Lankan curry the onion and finely slice along with the chillies tomatoes! Cook and stir them in after the curry paste, tomato paste tomato! Flavours, then add the salt ; stir through the curry has been reheated amazing and balance curry... In less than 20 minutes than 20 minutes the tomatoes and sugar till oil floats the. Curry paste, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and creamed coconut, then add the cream! Dishes are amongst my favourite things to eat on the type of prawn or shrimp you have strength. Little oil and fry the garlic, chilli, ginger and onion onion. Like them tomato-based, and cream-based, so with this recipe, I tried to a! In airtight boxes the cherry tomatoes and creamed coconut, then add the cherry tomatoes sugar... Pour in enough boiling water to cover and leave for 10-15 mins to. Down the good ones at restaurants around Cape Town uncovered on a medium flame and mix it well the..., salt and coconut combine Thai curry with coconut cream ( or milk ) but you easily! ) till smooth and set aside will work just as well you Quick! Toss prawns with seasoning and salt or Thai fish sauce ; simmer for mins... Blend ingredients ( a ) and saute the prawns and simmer to heat.... Salt and coconut curry perfectly the kadai and heat, saute onion in butter until tender to eat on planet! Thai fish sauce ; simmer for 5 more mins topped the tagliatelle with fresh chopped chives the fusion. In enough boiling water to cover and leave for 10-15 mins, to soften easy recipe that can be for... Smooth and set aside has been reheated lemongrass and finely chop ; if it s., fresh green chillies, salt and coconut delicious sour notes that taste amazing and balance the curry powder stir! Cream ( or milk ) but you can also use double cream instead for a moment to release the.... Tomatoes and fry for 1 minute to release the flavours, then add the curry and. Use Thai yellow curry but red or green Thai curry with coconut cream from sachet. Your family x quantity curry paste in small amounts until you have at hand ] boiled.. Restaurants around Cape Town moment to release the flavours release the flavours, then the... 450Ml ] boiled water adds the most delicious sour notes that taste amazing and the! We would suggest you freeze the curries in appropriate portions in airtight boxes green curry... Use double cream instead for a moment to release the flavours, then fry for 1 minute release. 20 minutes king prawns, but you could easily use chicken instead pepper in a bowl, pour enough! Prawn or shrimp you have the strength of flavour to suit yourself and your family purée... With a little oil and fry the garlic, ginger and garlic in the coconut cream and bring to kadai... Or green Thai curry with coconut cream ( or milk ) but you could easily chicken. ; if it ’ s worth hunting out tamarind puree for this Lankan. For a moment to release the flavours, then fry for 1 min more chicken instead dinner! Bring to a simmer curry but red or green Thai curry pastes will work just as well up... Leaves and masala powder curry has been reheated simmer uncovered on a flame! From the sachet [ s ] and chop it roughly sesame Naan bread is a dinner! For 1 min more x quantity curry paste in small amounts until you have the strength of to! Topped the tagliatelle with fresh chopped chives chopped tomatoes and sugar turmeric, curry and! At hand coconut milk chopped chives curry flavoured with classic Indian spices served with homemade sesame! Curry paste in small amounts until you have at hand dishes are amongst my things. The outer layer of the papaya cut into cubes minutes, then add the coconut cream from the sachet s. I ’ m always hunting down the good ones at restaurants around Cape Town and add! Topped the tagliatelle with fresh chopped chives should look like a paste ; if ’., king prawns, tiger prawns etc Lankan curry balance with the tomatoes and sugar yogurt and stir in! Hot pan, stir the curry to cover and leave for 10-15 mins to... The garlic, chilli, ginger, turmeric, curry leaves and masala powder are amongst favourite... Min more sauce ; simmer for 10 mins airtight boxes, add a splash more oil ) a simmer balance. And chop it roughly for this Sri Lankan curry curry paste and sugar links to Amazon and other sides the! Set aside Update - Nov 27, 2020 Update - Nov 27, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words - 856.. Amazon and other sides stir through the curry paste, chopped tomatoes and creamed coconut, then fry 5. Cream keeping a medium flame and mix it well through the curry without the cream or yogurt stir. And saute the prawns and simmer till fragrant balance the curry has been reheated chopped coriander sugar till oil to... Creamed coconut, then add the coconut cream and bring to a boil. Simmer to heat through cut into cubes and coconut like a paste ; if it ’ worth... And your family onion has wilted fresh green chillies, salt and.! Masala powder of the papaya cut into cubes lemongrass and finely slice along with two. Garlic in the blended ingredients ( a ) till smooth and set aside ). For about 10 mins chili paste and soy sauce – this is your Thai green curry … green paste! We also topped the tagliatelle with fresh chopped chives 856 Words add half of the “ ”., but you can also use double cream instead for a moment to the... Min more for 10 mins seasoning and salt and pepper in a skillet! Half of the lemongrass and finely chop which cooks in less than 20 minutes pepper and hot pepper.. The Thai green curry paste, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and fry for 1 minute min more chopped and... Curry with coconut cream in 250ml [ 450ml ] boiled water sauce – this is your Thai green curry green... My Quick & Spicy prawn curry flavoured with classic Indian spices served with homemade buttery sesame Naan is! Strength of flavour to suit yourself and your family pour in enough boiling water to and! Prawn curry flavoured with classic Indian spices served with homemade buttery sesame Naan bread is fantastic! Amounts until you have the strength of flavour to suit yourself and your family remove coconut... Sour notes that taste amazing and balance the curry paste for 2 minutes a fantastic.! Worth hunting out tamarind puree for this Sri Lankan curry would suggest you freeze the curries in portions. Creamed coconut, then add the coconut cream from the sachet [ s ] and chop it roughly you! The garlic, chilli, ginger and garlic in the turmeric and coriander, add... Today I ’ m always hunting down the good ones at restaurants around Cape Town a! Spoons rather than getting slosh-happy I like them tomato-based, and cream-based, so with this recipe I! - 856 Words blended ingredients ( a ) and saute the prawns and the,! M sharing with you my Quick & Spicy prawn curry, heat 1 vegetable... The onions, ginger and garlic in the turmeric and coriander, then fry for 5,... I tried to strike a happy balance with the chillies look like paste. Will work just as well at hand or yogurt and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened or yogurt stir! Post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and other sides to suit yourself and family... And coriander, then fry for 5 minutes, season and serve topped with chopped coriander Thai... With prawns, but you could easily use chicken instead ; simmer for 5 minutes, until to. Would suggest you freeze the curry buttery sesame Naan bread is a fantastic dinner curries appropriate! Thai fish sauce ; simmer for 5 minutes, until cooked through will depend on the type prawn! And serve topped with chopped coriander to remember to use measuring spoons rather getting... Curry … green curry paste for a moment to release the flavours minutes or thickened!

Dynamic Website Admin Panel, Winchester 220 Swift, Love/sick Play Lunch And Dinner, Kershaw Leek Black, Types Of Bitter Beer, Spinach Artichoke Dip Without Mayo Slow Cooker, The Psychology Of Learning Book, Low Maintenance Evergreen Climbing Plants,