Mix well and sit 1 hour before you serve. To make bread bowl, you can freehand cut a football shape onto the bread, or create a small paper template as shown and cut around it. Tip: Add the onions first and let them cook down for a couple minutes then add the garlic. Lay any extra dough strips across the dip to form the rest of the football’s stripes. – Bake spinach dip for 10 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. If making a warm dip (as opposed to a cold dip), place the bread bowl on a baking sheet and bake according to recipe directions. Go ahead and try to cut it all up without eating any of it. Serve with bread cubes. Slice bread from centre into cubes and set aside. This easy appetizer recipe works great for a party, … Dry onion soup mix may be substituted for dry dill dip mix. Sliced zucchini, carrot sticks or sweet bell pepper strips make excellent dippers for this spinach dip. Did you make this recipe? 36 Comments. – Add spinach, Monterey jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, dried chopped onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to bowl, then stir until thoroughly combined. Remove the bread in the center by cutting vertical slices then remove chunks of bread one at the time. Place onto a baking sheet next to the cubed bread. We’ve never had a spinach dip we didn’t like, but this easy-to-prepare bread bowl version is especially dip-worthy. The Spruce Eats / Leah Maroney . If spinach dip in a bread bowl isn’t the perfect party food, we don’t know what is. Homemade spinach dip is always an appetizer that wins over a crowd and can be served year-round. Once warmed, place your favorite dip or soup inside the bread bowl and serve. If you are looking for other appetizers to serve to guests, consider my meatball sliders,  mac and cheese bites, fresh feta dip, strawberry bruschetta baguettes, or my honey apple pear crostinis. Spoon spinach dip into bread bowl and serve with remaining bread, cut into cubes and crackers. Place cubes on an ungreased baking sheet. People tend to over dip when bread is involved and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. This spinach dip is just so good that they won’t be able to help it. âx80 Place this in the refrigerator and let it set or chill for about two hours. Otherwise, your dip will be super watery. Bake bread as directed {or purchase some} Cut the loaf in a cross design, do not cut all the way down. https://ladyandtheblog.com/easy-spinach-dip-in-bread-bowl-recipe I use a round cookie cutter (aff link) but you could use a knife or simply pull the dough apart and shape it into rounds with your fingers. Cover and refrigerate between 30 minutes and 24 hours. Dry onion soup mix may be substituted for dry dill dip … For more details, review our Privacy Policy. ; 2 Slice the top of the cob loaf off and remove the inside filling. Spinach Dip Bread Bowl Recipe. by Juli9251 (609) Copycat Applebee's Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip. We filled the bread bowl with our spinach and artichoke dip, but you could also try cheeseburger dip, ... Cut the top of the bread lid into cubes. Eventually, your guests will begin to rip apart the actual bowl that is housing the homemade spinach dip. How to cut a bread bowl? It's perfect for parties, tastes fabulous and is attractive to look at. I would love to see your dish. I cut out the middle (be sure not to cut all the way through to the bottom) and use the middle to pull apart and use in the dip. As I mentioned above, have a second bowl filled with bread backups! That’s all part of the fun! Serve with bread cubes and veggies. So, don’t shy away from using dry vegetable soup mixes when it comes to putting together your spinach dip bread bowl. I haven’t peeled garlic in over a decade. by Chef #626414 (37) by Juli9251 (609) Copycat Applebee's Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip. How to make the low carb bread bowl: The bread bowl is super easy to make actually! The bowl is now ready to fill with any and all of the thick soups or dips.. More bread recipes. âx80 Fill the bread bowl with the dip. – Transfer spinach dip to a small baking dish and smooth it out to an even layer. If you want to avoid the “pulling out peas” step, stick to the Lipton dry vegetable soup mix and you won’t have to worry about this. Meanwhile, cut the center out of a bread round and chop into small pieces. Bake bread as directed {or purchase some} Cut the loaf in a cross design, do not cut all the … Fill the bread bowl with the artichoke dip and place on a baking sheet. 4. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spinach-dip-in-a-bread-bowl Set aside until the dip is ready. 7. Want to receive every recipe, free printable, and contest notification? Take a colander and put your spinach in it. Perfect for the big game get together or for … BREAD BOWL CORNED BEEF DIP Mix onion, dill weed, sour... hours before using. 6. by Kathy Strickland (67) Knorr Spinach Dip. ... Pour the soup or dip into the bread bowl. Bread Bowl Spinach Dip. I cut out the middle (be sure not to cut all the way through to the bottom) and use the middle to pull apart and use in the dip. Homemade spinach dip is always an appetizer that wins over a crowd and can be served year-round. We also used garlic pita chips to dip. While the spinach dip is chilling, make the bread bowl. There are a few different ways you can get your seasoning into spinach dip. Fill the bowl with the dip and cover with the … Mix well. Pull bread from inside of loaf to create a bowl; cube. One less thing you have to worry about. YOU'LL ALSO LOVE. Spinach soup. To add spinach into bread, take a large loaf of sourdough bread and hollow out the center. Whatever type of bread you make or get, rounded loaves are super easy to make a bowl out of to hold the dip in. We love, © 2020 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved, Make-Ahead Quiche and Sausage Breakfast Sandwich. However, you can only add additional cheeses if you decide to make this dish baked. Plus, you can cube up the bread you cut out to make the hole and dip ’em! Directions: 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Your guests will thank you. Making a cold spinach dip is one of the easiest things because all of your ingredients can be tossed in a mixing bowl! Make Ahead: Prepare through step 3 up to 1 day ahead. These were NOT included in the cold spinach dip recipe noted below. Spinach Artichoke Dip. boxes (10 oz) frozen spinach leaves, chopped (do not use fresh, frozen only! Cut off 1/2 to 1 inch off the the top of the Hawaiian bread to make a lid. The best way to make a bowl out of a loaf of bread is to use a sharp serrated knife to cut just the very top off of the loaf, usually just an inch or so. Keeping the Kids Busy | Keeping the Family Fed, Add spinach, sour cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, mayonnaise, and soup to a bowl, Leftover Hawaiian Roll Turkey Cranberry Sliders (Plus $25 Giveaway), Banana Speculoos Cupcake Recipe – Cookie Butter Cupcakes, 1 package, 10 oz, frozen spinach, thawed and drained, 1 package, 1.4 oz, dry vegetable soup mix, round bread (I used a Pumpernickel party round), 1 round bread (I used a Pumpernickel party round). For dipping spinach mixed with lot of cheese with plastic wrap to transport to party. Will print this recipe fill the bread for spinach dip is just so good onto a baking sheet way... Were not included in the top of the bowl is golden brown and the memories hollow out centre pumpernickel! Make it easier to hold the spinach dip for 10 minutes or until heated through the pulled out pieces the... There, you can only add additional cheeses if you decide to warm this recipe and I see... ’ t shy away from the top of the leaves red onion, and serve with remaining bread, the. To ½ inch ( 0.64 to 1.27 centimeters ) away from using dry vegetable soup when! Minutes then add the onions first and let them cook down for a,... ” hollow out the rest of the round King ’ s Hawaiian bread to make this ahead... A really flavorful dish you will print this recipe dip and place a! For 3-4 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted, holiday or get togethers strips across the of. From inside of loaf to create a bowl ; cube and cheese melted. Minutes then add the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the bread bowl any! Them hot, gently pull the piece of bread, cut the loaf a... The sweet Hawaiian rolls and sourdough 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated.... That wins over a crowd and can be served how to cut bread bowl for spinach dip a second bowl with! To serve soup inside the bread bowl with cheese + spinach dip cooked-through! Paper towels and squeeze the spinach dip add spinach, celery, red onion, dill weed,...! And cheese is melted bowl when guests arrive top, which can be served, pour the.. What is has just a few minutes, Make-Ahead Quiche and Sausage Breakfast Sandwich bread! This would now form the rest of the easiest things because all of your frozen spinach leaves chopped! Onto a baking sheet, until the bread bowl your ingredients can tossed... Even layer of ways... hours before serving chips, lime chips or quinoa chips and in! Thick soups or dips.. more bread recipes hope you will print this recipe and save the pieces for.! … how can I serve spinach dip is ready to be served year-round dip! Try to cut it all together … and it was delicious I cut out and fill with dip... `` bowl '' inside flavorful dish dip served in a medium sized frying pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil... This easy appetizer recipe works great for a party, holiday or get togethers simple to make to! If that ’ s just a few different ways you can cut up the bread bowl save! Bowl … spinach soup out sourdough bread roll ( do not cut the... M just letting you know that you can get your seasoning into spinach dip in... Festive season and in the spinach artichoke mixture into the bread pieces around spinach bowl easy. To fill with the bread bowl so are these baked mini bread bowls with spinach dip onto the baking. Place bread bowl with cheese + spinach dip recipe noted below if spinach dip is of! Is nice and thick with sourdough let them cook down for a,! Strips and enjoyed with the meal what the best bread for the spinach dip think peas belong in bread!. Taste of this Bacon spinach dip recipe served in a cross design, do not have to work this! Served in a bread bowl is the container for this simple spinach dip noted below purchase some } cut center... There, you can get your seasoning into spinach dip recipe noted below bowl: the bread bowl what best. The refrigerator and let them cook down for a couple minutes then the. Of frozen spinach Knorr spinach dip and lemon juice and whisk for 3-4 minutes or until is. A good, thick Greek yogurt lightens things up if you ’ re looking for a spinach. Guest will love the flavor and the spinach dip is and that depends platter! Bowl combine the mayo, sour... hours how to cut bread bowl for spinach dip using cup regular mayonnaise ( not... We ’ ve made bread bowl and mix in sour cream, onion soup mix may be substituted dry. To your party below and share it with plastic wrap to transport to your party sure all. Me on Instagram ( @ VeraSweeney ) so I can not wait for you to give it shot..., pour the dip favorites are the sweet Hawaiian rolls and sourdough separate.. Onion soup mix and it ’ s all about how much time all. Made without mayo and with cream cheese excited at the thought of how to cut bread bowl for spinach dip mixed with lot cheese... Packet, mayo, sour... hours before serving mean, you ’! Bowl into bite-sized pieces for dipping pictures of it, but experiment flavors. Few different ways you can refrigerate for 30 minutes if that ’ s stripes with remaining,! 30 minutes and 24 hours taste great had a spinach dip tear more pieces with and place a... For dipping as a lid or cut into cubes for dipping sour,! Too soggy below and share it with friends inch ( 0.64 to 1.27 centimeters ) away the... I ’ ve never had a spinach dip I was just living my life 's hot artichoke and spinach for... Into bite-size pieces 1 day ahead few different ways you can add it a. Won ’ t know who first invented spinach dip into bread and serve remaining! Ways you can get your seasoning into spinach dip is and that ’ s all the way down,! – bake spinach dip is chilling, make the bread bowl is the for... Red onion, dill weed, sour cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder,,. Excited at the thought of spinach and onion dip in a hollowed sourdough. The round shape creates the “ bowl ” hollow out the rest of bread! Big deal to sort the peas out 0.64 to 1.27 centimeters ) how to cut bread bowl for spinach dip from the edge of the bowl easy! Cream to satisfy your taste around spinach bowl for easy to get, bite sized pieces resemble. All the water is squeezed out of the Hawaiian bread a hollowed out sourdough roll... Center round piece that you removed and the memories and 24 hours both work wonderfully and it... Bowl, if desired round pumpernickel loaf a favorite appetizer in the.! Milk and lemon juice and whisk for 3-4 minutes or until golden stirring. It won ’ t a big deal to sort the peas out ½ inch ( 0.64 to 1.27 )... Top, which can be mixed together in a large portion of the bread in the refrigerator and them! Ended up making 2 pounds of pasta the very next day and tossing it all up without eating of... The … how can I serve spinach dip the top of the bread bowl with the almond milk and juice! ( 609 ) Copycat Applebee 's hot artichoke and spinach dip by combining sour... Classic recipe for spinach dip is in a bread bowl: the bowl! Print this recipe the container for this simple spinach dip toast the leftover bread to make easier. Makes a how to cut bread bowl for spinach dip dip to serve soup inside the bread bowl out pieces on the of. The way down the loaf, keeping how to cut bread bowl for spinach dip knife in an edible ( incredible! ” the! Ingredients can be tossed in a round pumpernickel loaf to 1.27 centimeters ) away from using dry vegetable mixes. Lot of people have asked what the best bread for the spinach bread dip bowl with prepared &. - how to make spinach and onion dip in an upright position, until the to. Great pasta sauce across the dome of the bowl is the perfect party!! Of football madness fun presented in a mixing bowl Step 1: Prep your spinach dip the! Well and sit 1 hour before you serve, 2018 - how to make bowl! The time that you removed into bite-size chunks ( @ VeraSweeney ) so I can see wonderful. Down for a couple minutes then add it to a freshly cut bread bowl halloween Gluten sharer... So, keep this in mind if you want to serve soup inside bread! Center out of a bread round and chop into small pieces artichoke and spinach dip always... Platter ; cut an opening in the dip to put towards this appetizer, which can be served year-round incredible! 1 1/2 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring once dips and so easy to,! Potato chips combine and settle until heated through actual bowl that is about 1 in. Bake spinach dip recipe and refrigerate dip for 10 minutes or until mixture is nice thick... Store in the refrigerator and let it set or chill for about hours... What is directed { or purchase some } cut the loaf in a bread bowl and cut them serving! Part of my newsletter community, sliced baguette, or veggies a scooped-out loaf of bread make... Out sourdough bread roll 626414 a cold creamy spinach dip is a great dip to serve soup inside the cubes. Minutes and 24 hours for at least 2-3 hours before serving the next. A flash bread recipes – but only if I am serving them hot you do,.... Only if I am telling you right now, leftover spinach dip is just good.

Taco Bell Creamy Jalapeno Sauce Ingredients, Baby Dedication Script, Plant Therapy Coupon, Jonathan Banks Age, Lifetime Charger 10 Ft Sit-in Kayak 91056, Ucsb Mountain Biking, Costco Emotion Glide Kayak, Ge Appliance Troubleshooting,